By D'Alessandro, Roberta, D'alessandro Roberts
This booklet brings jointly students who've been engaged on contract regulations in the generative framework. The articles variety from syntactic to morphological techniques, investigating diverse domain names of contract regulations, comparable to the individual Case Constraint, nominative items, and Quirky Case regulations in a sequence of eu and Non-European languages, supplying new info and novel analyses for either, new and famous evidence. This publication collects various and appropriate reports during this box and provides a common review of the several theoretical ways serious about the morphological, syntactic and semantic homes of contract limit phenomena.
Read or Download Agreement Restrictions PDF
Similar semantics books
Tracks the developmental alterations in writing around the colleges curriculum, improving a key quarter of analysis in utilized linguistics. >
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the thirteenth overseas convention on Conceptual buildings, ICCS 2005, held in Kassel, Germany, in July 2005. The 23 revised complete papers offered including nine invited papers have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from sixty six submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on theoretical foundations, wisdom engineering and instruments, and information acquisition and ontologies.
The way forward for English linguistics as envisaged via the editors of subject matters in English Linguistics lies in empirical stories which combine paintings in English linguistics into basic and theoretical linguistics at the one hand, and comparative linguistics at the different. The TiEL sequence positive aspects volumes that current fascinating new information and analyses, and notably clean methods that give a contribution to the final objective of the sequence, that is to additional extraordinary examine in English linguistics.
- Illocutionary constructions in English: Cognitive motivation and linguistic realization: A study of the syntactic realizations of the directive, commissive and expressive speech acts in English
- Tacit knowledge and spoken discourse
- A Critical Hypertext Analysis of Social Media: The True Colours of Facebook
- Semantics of English Negative Prefixes
- Bending Opinion: Essays on Persuasion in the Public Domain
Extra info for Agreement Restrictions
4. Some generalizations My investigation of PCC effects on weak pronouns, as opposed to clitics and agreement markers, has led to a number of generalizations which are summarized below: (i) A striking difference between clitic languages and weak pronoun languages concerns the stability and robustness of PCC judgments. Speakers of clitic languages do not hesitate to characterize grammatical the combinations that do not yield a PCC effect and ungrammatical the ones that lead to a PCC violation. On the other hand, for all speakers of German and Dutch it was extremely hard to judge the sentences in question.
Dissertation, MIT. Ritter, Elizabeth 1995 On the Syntactic Category of Pronouns and Agreement. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 13: 405–443. Santorini, Beatrice 1990 Scrambling and INFL in German. Ms. University of Pennsylvania. Sauerland, Uli 1999 Erasability and Interpretation. Syntax 3: 161–188. Seuren, Pieter 1976 Clitic pronoun clusters. Italian Linguistics 2: 17–36. Silverstein, Michael 1986 Hierarchy of Features and Ergativity. In Features and Projections, P. Muysken and H. ), 163–232.
Benveniste, Émile 1966 Problèmes de linguistique générale. Gallimard. Bonet, Eulàlia 1991 Morphology after Syntax: Pronominal Clitics in Romance Languages. D. Dissertation, Cambridge, MIT. 1994 The Person-Case Constraint: A Morphological Approach. MIT Working Papers in Linguistics 22. The Morphology-Syntax Connection: 33–52. 1995 Feature Structure of Romance Clitics. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 13: 607–647. Büring, Daniel 2001 Let’s Phrase It! Focus, Word Order and Prosodic Phrasing in German.