By T.K. Ghose ,A. Fiechter, N.Blakebrough
Read or Download Advances in Biochemical Engineering, Volume 008: Mass Transfer in Biotechnology PDF
Similar biotechnology books
Biotechnology has come to play an more and more very important position in lots of facets of daily life. as soon as a pricey and mostly strange choice, it has now turn into a pragmatic substitute to many proven ways for production, land remediation, toxins keep an eye on and waste administration. the appliance of biologically-engineered ideas to environmental difficulties has develop into way more effectively appropriate in precept and biotechnology, typically, extra commonly understood, yet there continues to be a few uncertainty among practitioners relating to how and the place the microscopic, useful point suits into the macroscopic, sensible functions.
As a result of very important organic value of RNA and proteins functioning jointly inside a phone, a protocol quantity describing experimental systems to check their interactions should still discover a domestic in lots of laboratories. RNA-Protein interplay Protocols, moment variation updates, enhances, and expands upon the preferred first variation via supplying a suite of state-of-the-art ideas constructed or subtle long ago few years in addition to tried-and-true equipment.
Transcriptome research, via Frank Stahl, Bernd Hitzmann, Kai Mutz, Daniel Landgrebe, Miriam Lübbecke, Cornelia Kasper, Johanna Walter und Thomas Scheper Transcriptome info research for mobile tradition approaches, by way of Marlene Castro-Melchor, Huong Le und Wei-Shou Hu Modeling Metabolic Networks for Mammalian mobilephone platforms: common issues, Modeling concepts, and to be had instruments, via Ziomara P.
This selection of high-profile contributions offers a different perception into the improvement of novel, profitable biopharmaceuticals. amazing authors, together with Nobel laureate Robert Huber in addition to well-known corporation researchers and CEOs, current necessary insider wisdom, restricting their scope to these systems and advancements with confirmed strength for the biotechnology undefined.
- Laboratory Techniques In Microbiology & Biotechnology
- Twentieth Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals: Presented as Volumes 77–79 of Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology Proceedings of the Twentieth Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals Held May 3–7, 1998, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- The Economics of Managing Biotechnologies (ECONOMY & ENVIRONMENT Volume 22) (Economy & Environment)
- More Than Human: Embracing the Promise of Biological Enhancement
- NanoBioTechnology: BioInspired Devices and Materials of the Future
- Microfluidic Diagnostics: Methods and Protocols
Additional resources for Advances in Biochemical Engineering, Volume 008: Mass Transfer in Biotechnology
Region V~ is well mixed and is supplied adequately with oxygen while region I12is essentially stagnant and has a dis- 50 M. Charles VI V2 (WELL MIXED) (STAGNANT) > 15 % DO I I SUBSTRATE cO HEALTHY A-PRODUCER < 15 % DO B - PRODUCER, MUTANT, OR NON-VIABLE ORGANISM Fig. 32. Model o f poorly mixed reactor solved oxygen concentration of less than 15% of saturation. Such mixing conditions have been discussed for fungal cultures by Phillips and Johnson , Maxon , and Steel and Maxon [96, 99] and for polysaccharide cultures by LeDuy and Zajic [ 132] and Charles et al.
1. Newtonian Fluids Several mixing time correlations have been developed for Newtonian fluids [80-88]. However, due to the complexity of the mixing process, the fact that different tracer methods give different results, and the somewhat arbitrary definition of the mixing time, different correlations can give significantly different estimates of mixing time. 36 M. U,OS I ~ f 103 . l NEWTONIAN I t l I 104 I 105 FLUIDS ~E Z iO 2. iO m I i01 i0 ° I i0 2 I 103' i0 6 NRe Fig. 25. Mixing time correlations for non-aerated Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, turbine impeller [ 81 ] Nevertheless, available correlations do serve as valuable guides.
Solutions of high polymers usually exhibit complex non-Newtonian behavior and extracellular microbial polysaccharides are no exceptions. For example, solutions of xanthan gum and xanthan-containing culture fluids not only exhibit pronounced pseudo plasticity [20, 57, 58] as shown in Fig. 20 , but also yield stress  and thixotrophy . Interestingly, the power law model provides an adequate description of rechnical Aspects of the Rheological Properties of Microbial Cultures I00,000 ' • ','"'1 , ' i ',,,"1 i = o Q.